Saturday, August 27, 2011

A week of firsts

This week has been an exciting and busy one for Colton. Monday he started day care. We wanted him to go for a few hours while I was still off so I could get my classroom ready and if need be, I could get him if there were any problems. Needless to say, Colton really enjoyed day care. He loved watching all of the older kids play. Tuesday he (and me) experienced his first earthquake! Yep, an earthquake in Virginia, a 5.9 one at that. Who would have thought? I was at school and thought I had gotten dizzy, I heard a noise in the building but thought it was just someone moving a box of books. We were immediately told to evacuate the building. It took me a while to get through to Brian and day care, but every one was fine. As I am typing, we are going through a hurricane. Thankfully it was downgraded to a category 1 from a 3! I have never really been nervous about them, but since Colton his hear now, boy did I worry! I remember a time when hurricane supplies consistent of a flashlight and beer. Those times are definitely over! We have plenty of water, ice, non-perishable food, flashlights, radio with batteries, gas in the car, and cash. Okay, okay, I did make sure to pick up some beer! We have been lucky so far with just some heavy rain and winds.The power has gone off a few times, but has come back on within a few minutes. However, the worst has yet to come. They are expecting the worst to be here between 5-10PM. I will just be glad when it is all over. Never did I think that being a mother would make me worry so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment