Saturday, October 15, 2011

Trick or Treat..... plus more tricks!

October has arrived and so has Colton's half birthday! It's hard to believe that 6 1/2 months ago Colton had just arrived into this world, now I couldn't imagine a world without him in it. What is he doing that is new you ask? Well, he is eating solids. He likes oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas, peas, avocado, green beans, peas, and apples. Some days he likes them better than others, so we just go at his pace. Poor lil guy has his first illness, but has bounced back nicely! This week brought about 2 new tricks. Monday 10/10 after a week or so of "half" sitting, Colton sat himself up while playing on the floor. Of course, Brian was the one to witness this first since I was at work. However, I got to witness a first on Friday! Colton has decided he wants to army crawl. I was picking him up from Mrs. Susie's and put him down to zip up his bottle bag. Well he decided he wanted it and pulled himself toward it with his arms. Susie and I both did a double take and moved the bag farther away.... he did it again! We are now working on babyproofing the house. At his 6 month appointment on the 10th he weighed in at 16lbs 9oz and 27in in length. It's funny that he is in the 25th% for weight and 80th% for height. We put a pair of 9 month pants on him for his pictures and when I picked him up they slid right off of him! Of course 6 months are getting too short. Who would have thought I tall boy would be so lanky.
Here are some pictures.... I will follow up with more and some videos later.
Or not since blogger won't let me upload pictures. Will try again tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. Well I like all his solid food choices minus the avocado! You mentioned peas twice... he really likes those, huh? ;)
    Congrats on the sitting up and the crawling, that's exciting!
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete